Holy Ghost Baptism
Pastor Rod Parsley- Prayer Counselor's Guide
2. A DESIRE FOR BLESSINGS OF POWER FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT (for the purpose of testifying about Jesus' death and resurrection to the ends of the earth according to Acts 1:8)
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days saith God, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy (Acts 2:16-18)
PRAYER TO RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
(SALVATION PRAYER FIRST, IF THEY ARE NOT SAVED)
Father, it says in Luke 11:13 that even sinful persons like ourselves give our children when they need, don't you realize that your heavenly father will do at least as much and give the Holy Spirit to those who ask for Him?
Father, we are asking you to fill _______________with the Holy Spirit. We ask that your anointing will come upon _______________in power and in strength.
Thank you Jesus, for anointing _________________with your Holy Spirit power and giving _______________the gift of speaking in tongues (an unlearned language-a gift from God).
Minister A. Yvonne Gary...
Gifted with assisting many saints with their initial experience of tongues.
*Remember, you should maintain a spirit of praise and worship. However, you cannot speak in two languages at the same time. Some people begin to hear another language first from deep within theirselves. That voice is your spirit praying. If you have this experience, simply begin saying what you hear your spirit say. With other people, the words just come bubbling forth out of their mouths from their spirit.
1. Initial evidence of baptism in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4, Acts 10:46)
2. Tongues are a sign of a continuing experience of growth in the Spirit (1 Co. 14:8)
3. Edify self (1 Co. 14:4)
4. Pray in line with God's will (Romans 8:26)
5. Builds your faith (Jude 20)
6. Keeps you in God's fellowship: keeps you occupied (1 Co. 14:2)
7. Pray for situations your mind is not aware of (1 Co. 14:14)
8. Rest will come to you (Isaiah 28, 11,12)
9. Give thanks as well (1 Co. 14:15-17)
10. Disciplines the tongue (James 3:8)
11. Tongues help us be ever conscious of God's indwelling presence (Acts 10:46)
12. Eliminates selfishness in our prayers (Romans 8:26)
13. Tongues is a means of keeping us free from the contamination of the ungodly and profane, and all vulgar talk around us on the job or in public (1 Co. 14:28)
14. Tongues is part of the commissioning by Jesus (Mark 16:17..and they shall speak in other tongues)
TONGUES IS FOR TODAY
..."do not forbid speaking in tongues" (1Co. 14:39)
Page under construction...